TACC provides expert assistance for advanced computing, visualization, storage, network, and cloud resources
Users with a current TACC allocation may take advantage of this service which provides prompt responses to user inquiries.
TACC Consulting can provide assistance with:
- General issues that may occur with TACC resources;
- Information on TACC resources, including hardware characteristics, available software, and resource capabilities;
- Guidance on the use of TACC resources, including system environments, installing software, and using existing software modules;
- Advice on the development, porting, debugging, or optimization of applications;
- Evaluation of special requests such as possible research collaborations, or running jobs with resource requirements outside the limits of the normal queue structure.
While TACC Consulting does provide guidance to users on such topics, TACC Consulting is unable to perform the actual development, porting, debugging, or optimization of user applications.
TACC Consulting Request System
To provide the most efficient and effective consulting possible, we require all users to submit any consulting questions via the TACC Consulting Request System found within the TACC User Portal. Users can easily submit consulting questions, view the status of their questions, view a history of their previously submitted questions, and search through a knowledge base for answers to any issues users may encounter.
We recommend checking the most recent TACC User News before submitting a consulting question. Any issues affecting TACC resources are announced via TACC User News.
TACC Consulting Hours
TACC Consulting operates from 8am to 5pm CST, Monday through Friday, except for holidays. Users should receive a response within one working day after submitting a consulting question. Any exceptions regarding hours or response time will be posted to TACC User News.
NSF XSEDE Support
If you are an XSEDE user requiring consulting assistance, please visit the XSEDE Help page for details regarding XSEDE resources and contact information.