Bill Barth, Ph.D.
Director of High Performance Computing
Groups: HPC Applications; HPC Performance & Architectures; HPC Software Tools
Bill joined TACC in 2003 as a Research Associate in the High Performance Computing Group. Before coming to TACC he was involved in many Assistantships at The University of Texas both prior to and during working towards his Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering.
Areas of Research
- Finite Element Methods
- Fluid Mechanics
- High-Performance Parallel Computing
- Enhancing HPC Research Using Clusters
- Scalability & Performance Optimization Team- SPOT
- UT Grid Project
- Procedural Visualization of Computational Fluid Dynamics Simulations
W. Barth, G. F. Carey. "Extension of the CHT-01 Natural Convection Benchmark Problem to Non-Newtonian Fluids". Proceedings of ICHMT '04. Norway. 2004
G. F. Carey, W. Barth, J. Woods, B. Kirk, M. Anderson, S. Chow, and W. Bangerth. "Modeling error and constitutive relations in simulation of flow and transport". IJNMF, 2003. Submitted.
G. F. Carey, R. McLay, G. Bicken, and W. Barth. "Parallel Finite Element Solution of 3D Raleigh-Benard-Marangoni Flows". IJNMF, vol. 31, pp. 3752. 1999.
- Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM)
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
Speaking Engagements/Conference Participation
- International Conference on Heat and Mass Transfer '04. Speaker. Panel Member. Norway. April 19-24, 2004.
- US National Congress on Computational Mechanics. Speaker. Albuquerque, NM. July 2003.
- International Congress on Industrial and Applied Mathematics. Speaker. Sydney, Australia. June, 2003.
- B.S., Aerospace Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin
- Ph.D., Aerospace Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin