Education & Outreach
Every day, we enjoy the benefits of advanced computing, from more accurate weather reports, to safer automobiles, to smaller, more lightweight computers. TACC's Education & Outreach activities introduce K-12 students, undergraduate and graduate students, and the general public, to the importance of advanced computing as it is used in science, technology, computer science, engineering, and mathematics. As the next generation of Einsteins, Curies, and Hawkings, these students will someday make discoveries that we can't even begin to imagine.
TACC's current Education and Outreach activities include:
- An Undergraduate Certificate in Scientific Computation;
- Featured collaborations in the Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences;
- Tours of our advanced computing systems and laboratories;
- Community outreach programs; and
- The Austin Forum on Science, Technology & Society (monthly speaker series).