Bring Your Own Code, Data & Questions Workshop
The next workshop is TBA - Additional information will be provided when announced.
This workshop is open to UT System Researchers. Reservations for one-on-one assistance are available from 10am to 4pm. Optional overview of UTRC project, Lonestar, and Corral from 9am to 10am.
This workshop is designed for researchers, faculty, graduate and undergrad students conducting scientific computational research in any field. It will introduce the TACC resources uniquely available to all UT System researchers through the UT Research Cyberinfrastructure Project (UTRC). Researchers should bring their own laptop, code and/or data so that our systems specialists can help users to:
- Log in to the systems
- Use compilers and software
- Import code
- Transfer data
Pre-requisite: Must be a UT System Researcher; Please sign up for a TACC user account BEFORE the workshop.
Request a New TACC Account:
- Connect to the TACC User Portal
- Select the "New TACC user?" button in the middle of the page;
- This page, concerning information for new users, will again be displayed for your review. Click the "Continue" button;
- A page will be displayed containing the TACC Usage Policy. After reading through the TACC Usage Policy, click the "Accept" button in order to agree you will abide by this policy;
- Complete all required information and submit the form;
- A page will be displayed confirming you have been successful at requesting an account;
- You should soon receive a confirmation e-mail from TACC at the e-mail address you provided containing a URL to verify your e-mail address. Click on the link to validate your e-mail address;
- After you have successfully verified your e-mail address, your account request will be reviewed by the TACC Accounting Coordinator within one business day. You will be notified when the account request process is complete.
- Login to the portal to activate your account.
Requesting a Project and Allocation:
- Log in to the TACC User Portal;
- Select the Allocations link at the top of the page;
- Click on the "Create New Project" button to create a new project. Complete all required information and submit the form;
- Click on "Users" to add users to your account;
- To add grant information related to your project, click on the "Grants" row and then click on the "Add New Grant" button. Complete all required information and submit the form;
- To add publication information related to your project, click on the "Publications" row and then click on the "Add New Publication" button. Complete all required information and submit the form;
- Repeat the above for as many grants and publications that area applicable;
- To request an allocation, click on the "Allocations" row and then click on the "Request Allocation" button. Selecting the resources you require, complete all required information and submit the form;
- A page will be displayed confirming you have been successful at submitting your request for review.
Hosted by The University of Texas at El Paso & TACC
- UT El Paso, El Paso, Texas
- March 28, 2013
Hosted by The University of Texas MD Anderson & TACC
- MD Anderson, Houston, Texas
- March 19, 2013
Hosted by The University of Texas Southwestern & TACC
- UTSW, Dallas, Texas
- February 15, 2012
Hosted by The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston & TACC
- UT Health Science Center, Houston, Texas
- February 17, 2012
Hosted by The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center & TACC
- UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas
- January 10, 2012